|Developing a Business Plan | Your Traffic
Every successful business begins with a plan. The components of your plan should include:
1) Your Market
2) Your Solution
3) Your Traffic
4) Back-End Sales
3) Your Traffic
You can have the best products and the best offer, but without target market traffic your business will fail. While a few of your visitors will buy your product on their first visit, many will need an opportunity to consider their purchase. The inclusion of an opt-in mailing list on your website, where visitors can provide their name and email address, provides you an opportunity to turn this visitor into return visitor, and eventually a customer.
Let's illustrate the importance of this opt-in list:
1) The first time a man looks at an ad, he doesn't see it.
2) The second time, he doesn't notice it.
3) The third time, he is conscience of its existence.
4) The fourth time, he faintly remembers seeing it.
5) The fifth time, he reads the ad.
6) The sixth time, he turns his nose up at it.
7) The seventh time, he reads it through and says, "Oh brother!"
8) The eighth time, he says, "Here's that confounded thing again!"
9) The ninth time, he wonders if it amounts to anything.
10) The tenth time, he will ask his neighbor if he has tried it.
11) The eleventh time, he wonders how the advertiser makes it pay.
12) The twelveth time, he thinks it must be a good thing.
13) The thirteenth time, he thinks it might be worth something.
14) The fourteenth time, he remembers that he wanted such a thing for a long time.
15) The fifteenth time, he is tantalized because he cannot afford to buy it.
16) The sixteen time, he thinks he will buy it someday.
17) The seventeenth time, he makes a memorandum of it.
18) The eighteenth time, he swears at his poverty.
19) The nineteenth time, he counts his money carefully.
20) The twentieth time he sees the ad, he buys the article or instructs his wife to do so.
This wise insight into how consumers think was written by Thomas Smith in London, way back in 1885!
Had you allowed that customer to leave your website without providing an opportunity to capture their name and email address, a sale, and perhaps subsequent sales, would have been lost.
by Andrew Fling
5 Dangerously Effective Tools for Social Media Marketing
Developing a Business Plan | Your Market
Developing a Business Plan | Your Solution
Developing a Business Plan | Back-End Sales